Youths who gang-raped girl in stairwells are named

07:44 by Editor · 0 Post a comment on AAWR

Seven schoolboys aged as young as 13 who joked as they took turns to rape a 14-year-old girl because she “disrespected” a gang member can be identified today for the first time. 

The girl was subjected to an ordeal lasting several hours in stairwells around a housing estate in East London, parts of which were filmed on mobile phones. 

O’Neil Denton, known as Hitman by the Kingshold Boys gang, now aged 16, ordered his friends to snatch the girl from the streets of Hackney after she was said to have insulted him. The girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was attacked while walking home from school in April last year. 

After being disturbed, Denton and some of the group took their victim to another stairwell where she was forced to commit a sex act at knifepoint. The boys rang friends during the attack, and a crowd began to gather, including Weiled Ibrahim, now aged 17, Jayden Ryan, Yusuf Raymond, and Jack Bartle, aged 16, and Alexander Vanderpuije and Cleon Brown, both 15. The final, and worst, assault took place on the ninth floor of another block of flats where the girl was raped repeatedly during a 50-minute ordeal. When she tried to fight back, junior members of the gang kicked her and smashed her head against a wall. 

Nicola Merrick, for the prosecution, said: “The victim knew, of course, she was going to be raped again. She could hear Ibrahim and others saying there were other boys who would rape her badly.” 

Eventually 15 boys assembled on the stairwell. “The boys threatened her throughout, intimidating her and physically assaulting her. Ibraham slapped her face and pulled her hair whilst another banged her head against the wall and someone threw a bottle of water at her. 

“She broke down, turned her face to the wall and wept. The boys referred to this as crocodile tears.” In a newspaper interview the victim relived some of the ordeal. She said: “I was taken to the ninth floor of the tower block where I was thrown on to the landing. Another gang member pulled a knife out and I was forced into more sex acts with five others. I was like a zombie. 

“There were so many grabbing at me, pulling my clothes off. I’d reached the point of giving up. I really thought I was going to die. Then I recognised a boy I’d known for years. I felt relieved. He was a friend. But when I asked him to help me, he said, ‘No, I’m with my boys now’. I will never forget that.” 

The girl escaped only when a 14-year-old boy, a football apprentice, realised what was happening and, ignoring the threats of others, walked her out of the premises. Six of the defendants were arrested within hours, because of CCTV footage, and the rest were in custody within two days. None of the gang, who were of Caribbean, Ethiopian, Moroccan and British descent, showed any remorse during questioning or throughout the six-week trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court. 

Two others, who were convicted of rape on the basis that they “aided and abetted”, remain anonymous. 

All nine, from East London, will be sentenced on Monday. 

How I suffered: the victim’s story

In an impact statement the victim described how she had attempted suicide, could not leave her home alone and was always looking over her shoulder. 

She said: “My whole world has been turned upside down. Trying to get back to normal has been very difficult. I used to have a lot of friends. I used to go places. I used to like shopping and the cinema and meeting new people. 

“I long for all that back — instead I feel like a prisoner, having to look over my shoulder everywhere I go. Although I used to find the unexpected fun, the unexpected is now frightening and not exciting.” She suffers recurring nightmares and wakes feeling tired. The teenager said she hated herself for not screaming more or fighting off the rapists but was “frozen with fear”  continues here

Related Posts by Categories



Post a comment on AAWR

0 Responses to "Youths who gang-raped girl in stairwells are named"

Post a Comment

We welcome contributions from all sides of the debate, at AAWR comment is free, AAWR may edit and/or delete your comments if abusive, threatening, illegal or libellous according to our understanding of, no emails will be published. Your comments may be published on other nationalist media sites worldwide.