"I did wrong, but I risked my life for this country"

08:10 by Editor · 0 Post a comment on AAWR

Cameroon-born soldier who fought in Iraq for Britain faces deportation over drunken sex offence in barracks 

A FORMER soldier who fought in the Iraq war for Britain, is fighting another battle in the UK. 

Cameroon-born Charly Ngouh faces being kicked out of the country, after being denied the right to stay following his conviction for a sexual offence in May 2005, while serving in the Army. 

Following an evening of drinking in December 2004, Ngouh entered the room of a female Army colleague while she was asleep, in the early hours of the morning. He attempted to touch her breast, but the woman crossed her arms to prevent him from doing so, and told him to stop. 

Ngouh then left her room. 

He was subsequently charged and punished by the military. Ngouh went on to fight in Iraq for seven months in 2006. 

He left the Army voluntarily in March 2008, but the incident has hindered his attempt to stay in the UK. 

A remorseful Ngouh told The Voice: “I messed up but I did put my life on the line for this country. “I have sisters, so it has not been nice. I’ve left the incident behind and I just want to move on.” The Government has twice refused his application to stay in Britain and Ngouh says this is the worst time of his life. “It’s worse than being in Iraq, because in Iraq I had my boys around me and they were people who I could put my life in their hands,” he said. “It is extremely frustrating, especially knowing what I went through for the last five years. 

“I’m exhausted emotionally. It’s like facing the death penalty. I’ve been paying taxes and not claiming anything, abiding by 

the rules with plans for the future.” Ngouh arrived in England eight years ago as a student of Cambridge University, where he 

studied for two years. He then decided to join the Army. Ngouh now wants to return to his studies and build a new life 

in England, but it looks like he will be unable to do so. 

“I’ve got un unconditional offer from the University of Southampton, which is the reason why I left the Army in the first place,” he said. “This Government is stopping me. They are stopping me because I am no use to them any more. They are just kicking me to the side really.” 

In a statement, a spokesperson for the UK Borders Agency said: ‘All individuals who come to the UK are expected to play by the rules. All applications for leave to remain in the UK are considered on an individual basis in line with immigration rules. ‘Applications that do not meet the rules will be refused.’ But Ngouh is being supported by the Royal British Legion. continues here

Related Posts by Categories



Post a comment on AAWR

0 Responses to ""I did wrong, but I risked my life for this country""

Post a Comment

We welcome contributions from all sides of the debate, at AAWR comment is free, AAWR may edit and/or delete your comments if abusive, threatening, illegal or libellous according to our understanding of, no emails will be published. Your comments may be published on other nationalist media sites worldwide.